About Blockchain Forum ry:
Blockchain Forum ry is a non-profit association based in Finland and registered under the business ID (Y-tunnus) 3080197-6, with address at Ensi linja 1 3A, 00530, Helsinki, Finland.
Data collected and its purpose:
In the course of our activities as a membership organization, we may collect data from our associated members, as well as other individuals taking part in such activities. The information collected includes full names, job titles, company affiliations, and email addresses. We also process this personal information in order to manage our relationship with said members and
individuals and to perform contractual obligations.
Additionally, taking account of the applicable marketing laws, we also process personal information about our wider community members (former, current and prospective) in order to send newsletters, know-how, promotional material, and other marketing communications, as well as invite them to events that we arrange or administer.
Who we share your data with:
We do not rent or sell your personal data to third parties. We may only share such information if we have your consent, there is a legal determination to do so, or in the course of court proceedings.
How long we retain your data:
We retain your personal information for the period of time required for the purposes for which it was collected, any compatible purposes subsequently established, or any new purposes to which you subsequently consent, as well as to comply with legal requirements.
In practice, this will usually mean the period of the relevant relationship in case, plus a period reflecting the length of time for which legal claims may be made following the termination of such relationship. Information needed to demonstrate regulatory compliance may be kept for longer.
What rights you have over your data:
Our community members, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, are entitled to:
– Transparency, information, access, and notification to be aware of the processing of their data;
– Correction of incorrect data and completion of incomplete data;
– Deletion, which may be requested by the community member, in addition to being automatically performed in the cases provided for by law, such as in the event that they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected;
– Opposition regarding the possibility of receiving direct communications via email and/or SMS;
– Withdrawal of consent for data collection and use at any time;
– No subjection to automated decisions, so as to request human intervention whenever deemed necessary;
– Portability, requesting the transfer of your data to third parties.